A good pipe should not only have good economy, but also have a series of advantages such as stable and reliable interface, material impact resistance, crack resistance, aging resistance, corrosion resistance, etc. Compared with traditional pipes, HDPE pipe system has the following one: Series advantages:
1. Reliable connection: The polyethylene piping systems are connected by electrothermal fusion, and the strength of the joint is higher than that of the pipe body.
2. Good impact resistance at low temperature: The low temperature embrittlement temperature of polyethylene is extremely low, and it can be used in the temperature range of -60-60 °C. During construction in winter, due to the good impact resistance of the material, the pipe will not be brittle.
3. Good stress cracking resistance: HDPE has high shear strength and excellent scratch resistance, and its environmental stress cracking resistance is also outstanding.
4. Good chemical corrosion resistance: HDPE pipes are resistant to corrosion by a variety of chemical media, and chemical substances in the soil will not degrade the pipes. Polyethylene is an electrical insulator, so it does not rot, rust or electrochemically corrode; it also does not promote algae growth.
5. Anti-aging and long service time: polyethylene pipes containing 2-2.5% evenly distributed carbon black can be stored or used outdoors for 50 years without being damaged by ultraviolet radiation.
6. Good wear resistance: The comparison test of wear resistance between HDPE pipe and steel pipe shows that the wear resistance of HDPE pipe is 4 times that of steel pipe. In the field of mud transportation, compared with steel pipes, HDPE pipes have better wear resistance, which means that HDPE pipes have longer service time and better economy.
7. Good flexibility: The flexibility of HDPE pipe makes it easy to bend. In engineering, obstacles can be bypassed by changing the direction of the pipe. In many occasions, the flexibility of the pipe can reduce the amount of pipe fittings and installation costs. 8. Small resistance to water flow: HDPE pipes have smooth inner surfaces and their Manning coefficient is 0.009. The smooth performance and non-adhesive properties ensure that the HDPE pipe has a higher conveying capacity than traditional pipes, and also reduces the pressure loss of the pipeline and the energy consumption of water conveying.
9. Easy to handle: HDPE pipes are lighter than concrete pipes, galvanized pipes and steel pipes. It is easy to handle and install, and the lower manpower and equipment requirements mean that the installation cost of the project is greatly reduced.
10. A variety of new construction methods: HDPE pipes have a variety of construction techniques. In addition to traditional excavation methods, various new trenchless techniques such as pipe jacking, directional drilling, lining pipe can also be used. It is a good choice for some places where excavation is not allowed, so HDPE pipes are more widely used.
Post time: Mar-16-2022